Chicago Car Accident Lawyer, Matt WIllens, discusses how to get compensation when you are involved in a hit and run accident in a car, motorcycle, bicycle, or as a pedestrian.

Chicago Hit and Run Attorney

If you are in a hit-and-run accident, assuming the party that ran is at fault, which is usually the case, you may still be entitled to compensation through an uninsured motorist claim with your own insurance company.

Uninsured motorist coverage may apply if you are in a car, motorcycle, a pedestrian on foot, or riding your bicycle in downtown Chicago.

Certain steps should be taken to document the accident. You would want to see medical treatment and report your accident to the police.

Contacting a personal injury lawyer to discuss your rights is important when filing a claim against a bad guy but through your own insurance company. You may be fully compensated under the law.