For centuries it was considered taboo for a third-party to have a financial stake in a lawsuit. Today, thanks to an industry re-examining the relevance of legal doctrines from feudal times, a new crop of firms have sprouted to invest in lawsuits for profit. The concept, known as litigation finance, has quickly spawned a multi-billion dollar industry that is getting the attention of the country’s largest law firms. In this video, Bloomberg Law’s Roy Strom gives a peek inside this growing practice and explains what it means for the future of the business of law. (Reporting by Roy Strom, video editing & graphics by Virginia Gilles, Senior Producer: Andrew Satter, Executive Producer: Josh Block.)
- The Law & You: What if I get into an accident in my friends’ uninsured car?
- Nvidia AI, Fubo sues Disney, Apple’s sports app & Biden student loans. Doug Flynn, CFP on NewsNation
- Save Smart with Fi – Check Out the Fi Debit Card | BankonFi
- No Anxiety – Stay Calm and Relaxed during your dental procedures – Sedation Dentistry
- Google vs. Bing: The Power of Data in #AI