What should you do if you’re hit by a driver with no insurance? The best course of action: protect yourself with uninsured/underinsured motorist insurance (UM/UIM) before an accident occurs. After an accident, contact an attorney to make sure you’re making correct decisions following a crash.

Trent Shuping is a personal injury attorney and partner at the Atlanta-based Warshauer Law Group.

Learn more at his AskTheLawyers.com™ profile: http://bit.ly/2IcIPHu

Call him directly: 888-981-5602

Topics covered in this interview:

0:32 – What is UM/UIM insurance?
1:10 – Does Georgia have a minimum required amount of UM/UIM?
2:29 – Is there a cap on the amount of UM/UIM insurance you can expect? How much does it cost?
4:22 – Can UM/UIM help if you’re hurt in a hit and run?
5:08 – What if it’s not clear who’s at fault for the accident?
6:20 – What should you do if the other driver has no insurance?
8:44 – When should you contact an attorney?

Disclaimer: This video is for informational purposes only. In some states, this video may be deemed Attorney Advertising. The choice of lawyer is an important decision that should not be based solely on advertisements.